Welcome!

Welcome to TrueSanctuary.com Blog where we share tips to help you reduce stress, enhance your connection to self, and manifest your goals! Namaste.

Search This Blog

TrueSanctuary Website

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Family Meditation Time: a moment of peace from the chaos of life!

A family with three boys under the age of six took a moment for stillness, quiet, and connection to self during an in-home family meditation class.

I arrived at the family’s home early Saturday morning. I was greeted by two boys ages 6 and 4 playing with their children’s golf clubs in excitement for their upcoming family vacation. Their mom was holding their sleeping three-month-old brother.

The mom and dad invited me to teach the Sanctuary Meditation Technique in hopes they could start a family tradition of meditating on weekends and before bedtime. I’ve taught the class to kids and adults many times, but never a combined family meditation with different levels of understanding. I didn’t know what to expect, but I followed the kids’ lead!

The boys wanted to sit on the floor, their parents and I joined them. I began by teaching the class at the kids' level, but the parents also benefited from learning about the chakras and how our breath affects our ability to relax and enter a tranquil state of meditation. The take-away from the chakra breathing technique alone was huge for this family. The dad plans to use it at work when he’s stressed. The mom will use it to relax while she’s nursing her son, and they can’t wait for the boys to use this technique when it’s time to clam down before bedtime.

Next, I guided the family on a meditation journey to their sanctuary – a special place of power unique to each of them – to meet their higher-self, which provides a heightened connection to their true nature. What impressed me most was the 6 and 4-year-olds' ability to connect to their higher-self and have an uplifting experience. The mom and dad were right there with them on this meditation journey and reached a heightened state of relaxation and awareness of this higher vibration of energy.

Each of them shared their experiences:
The six-year-old said, “My sanctuary had big rocks in a circle, and my name was in the middle of it! My higher-self felt like it came in really fast.”

The four-year-old said, “I saw gold, and there was a tiger, leopard and lion, but they weren’t scary, they were my friends.”

Their dad was amazed, “That was really intense. I connected to my higher-self instantly, and I got a clear message. I wasn’t expecting that! It was incredible.”

Their parents hope to use this Sanctuary Meditation often to teach their kids the value of being still, connecting to their true self, and creating peace in their life.

It was a gift to see the meditation through the eyes of these kids, and know this family is creating a positive tradition that will serve them well as they grow in the light!

Benefits of Family Meditation:
• Model stress management for your kids.
• Put a new twist on time-outs. Use the chakra breathing techniques instead!
• Teach children an effective way to calm down before bedtime.
• Improve physical health and creative a positive emotional state.
• Discover a new way teach children about their unique self

Contact Sarah Gebeke at Sarah@TrueSanctuary.com if you’d like to set up a family meditation class or join her Sanctuary Meditation, Max Meditation or Children’s Meditation class. Sarah is trained in the art of meditation through the Modern Mystery School tradition, which is part of the ancient wisdom school teachings.

Set up a family Life Activation session or the ultimate experience of the Empower Thyself workshop. More information about Sarah can be found at www.TrueSanctuary.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment