Welcome!

Welcome to TrueSanctuary.com Blog where we share tips to help you reduce stress, enhance your connection to self, and manifest your goals! Namaste.

Search This Blog

TrueSanctuary Website

Monday, January 24, 2011

Meditation for a New Year!


We’re already a few weeks into the New Year. How have the first few weeks of 2011 gone for you? The most common goals are to lose weight, exercise more, save money, make more time for family, relationships, or volunteering. But if you’re like most, it can be challenging to make your number one goal a reality.
This is where meditation can help.
Yes… meditation! Stay with me here, and I’ll explain. Most people hear that word and either think, “I don’t have the patience for meditation.” Or, “I’m not good at it.”

One thing I know for sure, is that if I can meditate and see huge benefits, then I know you can, too. I started meditating six years ago when I was a stressed out, type-A workaholic experiencing major anxiety, difficulty sleeping, a hard time concentrating and severe headaches. I took one class, called the Sanctuary Meditation Technique, and I saw immediate change. I actually connected to peaceful energy, and not only did I feel good while I was meditating but the feeling carried through to help shift my day into a positive one. I keep trying it and soon I saw additional benefits: less anxiety, better sleep, an overall sense of calm, trusting my instincts – and most of all: HOPE for a better outcome!
Since then I’ve been certified to teach meditation for the past four years, and the clients I work with have seen additional results. One student told me: "Since the meditation class I've broken into a new level of enjoying life and a knowing more about myself.”

Medical science is starting to pay attention to the benefits of meditation as well.
The Mayo Clinic says meditation helps with: Gaining a new perspective on stressful situations; Increased self-awareness; and Reducing negative emotions.
And Mayo Clinic’s research shows that meditation helps with physical conditions such as: Allergies; Anxiety; Binge eating; Depression; Fatigue; High blood pressure; Pain; Sleep problems; and more!
I even noticed that Dr. Oz recently urged his viewers to make meditation part of their New Year’s resolution because he sees the physical and emotional benefits for his patients.

So, what do you have to lose? If it’s worked for thousands of years, if it’s proven by science, and if it’s worked for me – then I know it can work for you, too!

Check out our calendar for upcoming meditation classes, or get a group of 5 friends together and host your own class out of your home!

MEDITATION TIP: If you want to meditate but find it hard to motivate yourself, try bringing a meditation buddy with you to class or invite a friend to meditate with you at home. The same theory that applies to a workout partner can also apply to a meditation buddy – it’s nice to have someone to team up with you to take better care of yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment